How To Write Content For Effective SEO
SEO friendly content is simply content that was written with some attention paid to how a search engine might see the content. Everybody wants to rank higher and come up on the first page of Google search and get more traffic, yet they often don’t know how to achieve this. For the best search engine optimisation, get your content right, and you’ve created a solid foundation to support all of your other search engine efforts. This is why the real trick to successful optimisation is found in the content you choose to write about. The following are a few simple tips and tricks to help you get started writing content to optimise your local search engine.
• More than anything else, are you producing quality content? Do you provide a reason for people to spend more than a few seconds reading your pages?
• Be sure you have good, well-written, unique content that focuses on your primary keyword or keyword phrases.
• Fresh content can improve your rankings. You should add new, useful content frequently. The new content adds relevancy to your site in the eyes of the search engines.
• Because search spiders like fresh text, if your site content doesn’t change often, consider adding a blog to your website.
• Put your location in your text. For example, instead of simply saying “our law firm,” you should say “our Sydney law firm.” This will help you get found in local searches.
• Don’t try to stuff your text with keywords. Search engines want natural language content. If your keyword usage is abnormally high, the search engine will actually count this against you.
Here are a few other factors to consider when writing content for your website.
• Be sure you have a keyword focused title tag on every page of your site.
• If you must have the company name in your title tag, put it at the end. Unless you are a household name, your business name will probably get few searches.
• Focus on search phrases rather than keywords.
• Do not try to optimise a page for several keywords. Always give each page a single keyword phrase.
• Build a network of quality backlinks. If there is no logical reason for a site to link to yours, then you don’t want it.
• Be sure links to your site and within your site use your keyword phrase. For example, if your target is “law firms,” link to “law firms” rather than a “click here” link.
• Ditch the index.html or default.php, and always link back to your domain.
• When link building, think quality, not quantity.
• Links from .edu domains are often given weight by search engines. Run a search for any possible non-profit .edu sites that might be looking for a sponsor.
Finally, take advantage of local search opportunities. Online research for offline buying is a growing trend. Catch local traffic by prominently showing your address and local phone number. Also, encourage customers and clients to leave reviews of your business on local/social directories
Keeping the above tips in mind will help you write better content to ensure your web pages rank higher in search engines. If you have got the right content, on the right topic, you may enjoy being in the top results for days or weeks. However, it is also important to remember, Search engine optimisation isn’t just about “engines.” It’s also about making your site better for people. Most of the best-ranked articles on nearly any topic you can name are written for customers first and SEO is at best a second or third thought.
Are you making the most of your online strategy? Find out today with our Complimentary Online Marketing Audit.